Teen Road To Safety is proud to recommend LifeSAVER™, a distracted driving application designed to save lives by removing the temptation to text, email and talk on your phone while driving.
Distracted Driving due to the use of wireless phones is KILLING people daily, and Teen Drivers are among the most common to be involved in injury/fatality accidents! This is a serious problem, widely referred to as the most recent form of an EPIDEMIC.
Have You Seen Today’s Statistics?
(Obtained from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), at www.iihs.org, Virginia Tech Transportation Institute, at www.vtti.vt.edu, California DMV, at www.dmv.ca.gov, and Allstate, at www.allstate.com)
• TEXTING WHILE DRIVING KILLS AN AVERAGE OF 11 TEENAGERS EVERY DAY.
• Most teenage drivers ignore laws against cell phone use while driving.
• When driving while talking on a cell phone, teen drivers failed 54% of driving tasks, including avoiding a swerving car.
• Then younger, less experienced drivers under 20 years old have the highest portion of distraction-related fatal crashes.
• Drivers who use cell phones while driving are 4 times more likely to be involved in a car accident with related injuries.
• A driver who is texting is at least 20 times more likely to crash than someone who is not.
• 4 out of every 5 accidents are due to distracted drivers, whereas only 1 out of 3 accidents are due to drunk drivers.
• Most Americans believe talking on a cell phone and texting while driving is dangerous. Yet, over 75% of drivers admit to making phone calls while driving.
• Seventy-five percent of adults who own cell phones say they have talked while driving and a little more than half (52%) of cell-owning teens ages 16-17, also reported talking while driving.
California Laws regarding usage of a cell phone in a vehicle. Do you and your teen driver know them? Laws dealing with the use of wireless telephones while driving went into effect July 1, 2008. The first law prohibits all drivers from using a handheld wireless telephone while operating a motor vehicle, (California Vehicle Code [VC] §23123). Motorists 18 and over may use a “hands-free device. The second law effective July 1, 2008, prohibits drivers under the age of 18 from using a wireless telephone or hands-free device while operating a motor vehicle (VC §23124). Find out more at: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/cellularphonelaws/index.htm
What Can LifeSaver Do For You?
As a Responsible Driver…
- LifeSAVER can help you break the deadly habit of using your mobile device while driving.
- LifeSAVER can drastically reduce your risk of being involved in a car accident by limiting the use of your smartphone to tend to phone calls, text messages, and emails while driving.
- As a driver, you can still stay connected with all of your friends or family—just not when you’re driving at the predetermined speed that you have established.
- LifeSAVER has the potential to save your life and the lives of others!
As a Concerned Parent…
- LifeSAVER can be installed on your teen driver’s BlackBerry®. In doing so, you are making the choice to add another safeguard to help your teen return home safely.
- LifeSAVER can help keep your teen safe by preventing all text messaging, emails, and phone calls while he or she is driving. All messages and messaging will still be received and waiting for your driver once their car comes to a stop.
- LifeSAVER can also help you reinforce responsible driving by notifying you each time your teen driver exceeds the maximum speed limit of “your choice”.
- LifeSAVER can provide peace of mind in knowing that you have taken the necessary steps in eliminating as many distractions as possible when your driver is behind the wheel. It only takes one mistake to ruin a family’s future!
- And, as a responsible parent, you need to also consider using LifeSAVER as well. You are also important to your family.
How LifeSAVER Works
LifeSAVER for BlackBerry combines its own innovative technology with BlackBerry built-in functionality. This provides LifeSAVER the ability to detect when a vehicle is in motion, as well as what speed the vehicle is traveling. When LifeSAVER is installed on a driver’s BlackBerry, the user or administrator of the phone easily programs the speed at which the LifeSAVER application is to activate and lock down the phone. From that point forward, whenever the BlackBerry user is driving and reaches the preset speed (e.g. 10 mph), LifeSAVER will automatically kick into action based on your preset rules. Once LifeSAVER detects a speed less than the preset limit, the user’s BlackBerry will automatically be unlocked for use.
You decide how LifeSAVER will react as it relates to BlackBerry usage while driving. Maybe you just want LifeSAVER to report excess speed. LifeSAVER can do just that and nothing more—it’s your choice!
For added safety, LifeSAVER cannot be disabled once the BlackBerry is in lock-down mode. LifeSAVER also includes administration password protection. This provides you with ability to install LifeSAVER on someone else’s BlackBerry—such as your teen driver—without the user being able to change or disable, the application without your permission.
- Home screen locks while driving at the pre-set speed
- While in lock-mode, 911 emergency calls are always allowed
- Auto-Reply to incoming text messages, customizable message
- Auto reporting of vehicle location via GPS or locate via GPS real-time request
- Location map included in vehicle location alerts
- Send text/email messages for speeding alerts
- Alert deriver that they have exceeded speed pre-sets
- GPS health monitoring, and automatic reporting in the event user disables GPS
- Multiple actions taken based on user/admin setup (vibrate/audio/GPS reporting/etc…)
- Based on user/admin preferences, LifeSAVER can provide Zero-Tolerance alternative to the deadly Distracted Driving problem.
LifeSAVER is one extra step in protecting your new teen driver or candidly, your entire family for the dangers of distracted driving.
LifeSAVER costs $19.99 for a one-time, permanent download to your phone. That’s $1.67 per month to protect your family.
To purchase, click on the following “Buy Now” button. Once your payment is processed, you will receive an e-mail with the link to download LifeSAVER to your BlackBerry. LifeSAVER for android phones will be coming soon.
If you’re an Android user and interested in the LifeSAVER Android, please send us an email at : firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update you when the application is ready.
Don’t delay. Purchase LifeSAVER and begin protecting your family today.