- Complete Drivers Ed Online or Classroom and receive certificate of completion
- Enroll in Behind the Wheel training and obtain proof of enrollment.NOTE: As of January 2004, the CA DMV requires all minors to show proof of enrollment in a drivers training program with a licensed, professional driving school to be eligible for a a CA learners permit.
- Fill out the drivers license application form DL44 and have both parents/guardians sign the form. The DL44 form cannot be obtained online as it must be an original, signed form.Teen Road to Safety will provide you with proof of enrollment AND the form DL44 as soon as you register for the Behind the Wheel courses.
- Make an appointment with your local DMV office for the written permit test.What you need for this DMV appointment:
- Drivers License Application Form DL44 with both parents signatures andcompletely
- If you have all of the above necessary items and you pass the written test, you will be given a permit. NOTE: Your permit will not become valid until you have had your first 2 hours of Behind the Wheel Training.
- Begin your Behind the Wheel Training Course – CA State required 6 hours of professional, licensed drivers training course.
- Begin driving with your parents. State requirements are 50 hours of supervised driving including 10 at night.
- When you have completed all of the above, you may make an appointment to take the final drivers license test.
- What to bring to DMV for your CA Driver’s License Test:- Original Completion Certificate for Driver’s Training (Teen Road to Safety will provide this)
– Original Learners Permit
– Have proof of auto insurance with you or you will not be allowed to take the test!
Register for Class
Testimonials“My daughter Brianna had an extra lesson with Sean Fallon last Sunday and I would like you to know what a difference he made in pointing out the details she needed to know to be a competent, safe driver and pass her DMV test. My goal for this lesson was to get her experience driving on the freeway. Sean took Brianna on and off the freeway several times and he was upbeat and made her feel comfortable. We have had only good experiences with Teen Road to Safety but I think there was a noticeable difference in what she could articulate as well as do in different driving situations. Many thanks for the service you provide the community
by Elise A. Fischer, Parent