- Complete Drivers Ed Online or Classroom and receive certificate of completion
- Enroll in Behind the Wheel training and obtain proof of enrollment.NOTE: As of January 2004, the CA DMV requires all minors to show proof of enrollment in a drivers training program with a licensed, professional driving school to be eligible for a a CA learners permit.
- Fill out the drivers license application form DL44 and have both parents/guardians sign the form. The DL44 form cannot be obtained online as it must be an original, signed form.Teen Road to Safety will provide you with proof of enrollment AND the form DL44 as soon as you register for the Behind the Wheel courses.
- Make an appointment with your local DMV office for the written permit test.What you need for this DMV appointment:
- Drivers License Application Form DL44 with both parents signatures andcompletely
- If you have all of the above necessary items and you pass the written test, you will be given a permit. NOTE: Your permit will not become valid until you have had your first 2 hours of Behind the Wheel Training.
- Begin your Behind the Wheel Training Course – CA State required 6 hours of professional, licensed drivers training course.
- Begin driving with your parents. State requirements are 50 hours of supervised driving including 10 at night.
- When you have completed all of the above, you may make an appointment to take the final drivers license test.
- What to bring to DMV for your CA Driver’s License Test:- Original Completion Certificate for Driver’s Training (Teen Road to Safety will provide this)
– Original Learners Permit
– Have proof of auto insurance with you or you will not be allowed to take the test!
Register for Class
Testimonials“I was checking in to let you know that I got my license! Im very thankful for the behind the wheel as well as the advanced driving course that you have offered. It was a great experience and I feel prepared as a new driver on the road. I will keep all the things that your program has taught me throughout my life.
Thank you so much for the driving course you offer. It has been a blessing.
by Natasha Opperman