When: Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: David Wilson’s Ford & Mazda of Orange
1350 W. Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92683
This special event is being hosted and sponsored by David Wilson’s Ford & Mazda of Orange. We gratefull support driving safely and awareness initiatives that educate new and existing drivers. We believe in the importance of ‘Driving right… from the start,” and encouraging teens to “take the challenge” of becoming safe drivers.
Join us on Thursday, June 23, 2011 for a nice evening of food and beverage here at David Wilson’s Ford & Mazda of Orange.
The nation’s largest indoor karting company has joined forces with one of Southern California’s premier driver’s education programs to promote safe driving and provide teenagers with the ultimate classroom experience.
With six locations spread across Southern California and the Pacific Northwest, K1 Speed is the largest indoor karting company in the country. Providing an authentic racing experience in an ecologically-friendly, safe, and controlled environment, K1 Speed has continued to grow in size since its founding in 2003, gaining popularity with novice racers and lay persons alike looking for a taste of wheel-to-wheel competition. This combination of genuine thrills and a safe driving atmosphere made collaboration between K1 Speed and Teen Road to Safety a natural one. Teen Road to Safety is one of the premier defensive driving and driver’s education programs in Southern California, and the company is constantly seeking out new avenues to engage students. With K1 Speed, the Teen Road to Safety program has another unique program to offer young teens.
K1 Speed and Teen Road to Safety have created a unique driver’s education course in an effort to promote safe driving and educate teenagers on the rules of the road, as well as the responsibility of sharing the road with the public. The Teen Road to Safety program will be available at Southern California K1 Speed locations – and will involve class room sessions on safe driving techniques and traffic laws. Teens will then have an opportunity to put the lessons they learned in the classroom, and a little bit more, to the test in K1 Speed’s high performance electric go karts. Capable of speeds approaching 45mph, the electric karts at K1 Speed are high performance machines, but thanks to a remote shutoff capability, roll bar, hydraulic disc brake, and three-point safety belt, are extremely safe. To provide additional safety for racers, K1 Speed’s indoor go kart tracks also feature flexible safety barriers that absorb and deflect energy in the event of an impact, greatly reducing the risk of injury in the event of a collision.
Unfortunately, preventable traffic accidents are the leading cause of death for teenagers in the United States. K1 Speed and Teen Road to Safety believe that with education and practical training, the number of teen accidents and teenage traffic fatalities can be reduced. This belief has led to the creation of a unique driver’s education course that aims to teach teenagers safe driving techniques in a fun and exciting environment.
For more information,
contact a TRTS consultant at 1-888-25-DRIVE.
Teen Road to Safety will be participating in the Steve McQueen car show benefiting the BOYS REPUBLIC on Saturday June 5th. Gates open at 10am to the public. There is free parking and tickets are $10.00 per person. Children under 12 are free.
We are expecting a very strong presence of Porsches from the many clubs including the 356 Club of Southern California, 912-Registry and Porsche Club of America. This is building up to be our best show yet and the big winner is the Boys Republic, because all the money you help us raise goes directly to them.
Saturday, June 5th 2010
On the Grounds of Boys Republic
3493 Grand Ave
Chino Hills, CA 91709
Ron Harris, Chairman
- “Dan Mulrenin, of Teen Road to Safety, has provided exceptional assistance to our Drivers’ Education program at the high school. He has shared his experiences on the street as a city of Los Angeles policeman. His stories of driver negligence have a direct effect upon our novice drivers and bring home the importance of behind the wheel safety.
Dan also brought visual aides that helped bring home the message that we are teaching.
The next step in the license process involves behind the wheel instruction. In my opinion, Teen Road to Safety is an exceptional program that teaches driving safety skills in a sequential order that are easy to learn and makes sense to the adolescent driver.
Dan Mulrenin and Teen Road to Safety provide peace of mind and assurance that our future drivers will receive the best instruction available.
by Mike Churchill Laguna Beach High School
- “I am writing this letter on behalf of Mr. Dan Mulrenin. It with my extreme pleasure, that I highly recommend him to come in and share his vast knowledge in your class. Mr. Mulrenin has come to my classes over the past year to present a very crucial and serious topic, driver safety. Upon our first meeting, his professionalism and passion to present driver safety was very evident from his first delivery. After having listened to Dan present in multiple classes, I was thoroughly impressed with his professionalism and delivery. Driver education and safety is a very serious subject. He is a master his trade.
Along with his almost three decades of police work and on the scene experience, Dan brings life lessons home through various tools and modalities. Mr. Mulrenin is a great teacher who keeps his audience captivated and focused on the potential pitfalls of driving.
In summary, it is with my extreme pleasure to recommend Mr. Mulrenin to come in and share with your class. I give him my highest recommendation. You will not be disappointed.
by Michael Bargas, M.Ed
Estancia High School, Health Teacher, Head Football Coach
- “I want to compliment you on the program you run at Teen Road to Safety and more specifically on the people you employ that teach your program.
My son recently completed your in-class Driver’s Education course. Like many teenagers, my son is not normally a fan of the classroom environment, however, each day that I picked him up from class he enthusiastically shared with me something he had learned. I believe that taking the class not only helped him to pass his driver’s permit test, the first time, but has also encouraged him to be a responsible driver.
We look forward to enrolling our son in your Advanced Driver’s course once he has obtained his license
by Teri Belmer Parent
- “I wanted to thank you and Teen Road to Safety for such a wonderful job helping my daughter Daniella achieve her driver's license in January. Your instructor Tony was great, and Allison gave Daniella her last lesson in December - we really liked her. I have and will recommend Teen Road to Safety to all of my friends.
by Danita Crivello, Parent
- “Kelsey passed her test with flying colors. I think she missed 5 which is pretty good when I compare it to her friends! Thank you so much for all the hard work you and your staff put in to keep these kids safe. It makes a big difference.
by Julianna Shapiro, Parent
- “A big thank-you to Dwight and Teen Road to Safety for getting Tyler through his test today...he passed with zero errors!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I have already been boasting about your wonderful service to my friends and even to people I met today at the DMV who have kids who need lessons.
by Wendy Fallon and a very happy Tyler
- “My daughter Brianna had an extra lesson with Sean Fallon last Sunday and I would like you to know what a difference he made in pointing out the details she needed to know to be a competent, safe driver and pass her DMV test. My goal for this lesson was to get her experience driving on the freeway. Sean took Brianna on and off the freeway several times and he was upbeat and made her feel comfortable. We have had only good experiences with Teen Road to Safety but I think there was a noticeable difference in what she could articulate as well as do in different driving situations. Many thanks for the service you provide the community
by Elise A. Fischer, Parent
- “All three of our daughters (Devon, Kaitlyn and Michele Koch) have taken their drivers training classes with your organization -- great training and instructors by the way. We recommend you to everyone.
by Vanessa, Parent
- “Vincent Bob Mott
Entered California Highway Patrol Academy March 1974. Received Extensive Training at the California Highway Patrol Emergency Vehicle Operation Course including high speed driving and skid pad training. Also received extensive training in accident investigation as well as vehicle code and accident causing violations. Assisted Fresno California Highway Patrol MAIT team on multi-fatality collisions in the Visalia area as well as provided training to fellow California Highway Patrol officers. 30 years with California Highway Patrol as Road Officer with a perfect safety record
- “Dwight E. McKenna
Law Enforcement Officer / California Highway Patrol from November 1969 to December 2004. Promoted to Sergeant in 1980, Lieutenant in 1989 and Captain/Commander in 2000. Completed U.S. Secret Service School in 1991 and FBI National Academy in 1994. Assignments in the California Highway Patrol included Emergency Vehicle Operations Course Instructor and Classroom Instructor for Laws of Arrest, Criminal Investigation, Courts System, and Civil Liability. High school football coach San Clemente high school
Teen Road to Safety and K1 Speed have joined forces in developing the ultimate driver education class! Now, teens will have the opportunity to learn the rules of the road and drive in a fun, controlled environment with K1 Speed’s electric carts. Classes will be offered at three Southern California locations.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express for all online class registrations. We also accept checks with a phone-in registration. Call our office Monday – Friday from 9am to 5pm to reserve a class today!
In addition, for the bundled courses we offer convenient payment plans. The payment will be billed in 60 day billing cycles for each class.
For example, if you sign up for a 2 class package, the payment can be paid in 2 payments; one at time of registration and the second payment 60 days later. For a 3 class bundle, there are 3 payments instead of 2.
Click on any of the REGISTER buttons next to the classes at left or on the classroom pages to view payment plan amounts. As always, feel free to call us at 888-253-7483 if you have any additional questions that were not answered here.
For classroom drivers ed if you bring a friend, you BOTH receive $100 discount off class fees! Call our office for the discount code and both student’s name for the discount.
Parents, Learn with your teen and go through the same exciting advanced training at the same time, with your own car. Only$100 more with an enrolled teen on that same day! See what they see, feel what they feel, and get a better understanding of your own driving skills!
Bundle Classes & Save
See each class page for individual class bundles & save money!
Advanced Driving Course – Space & speed management